This report is the result of discussions and research with CCL members, The ITAM Review community and the Oracle License Management Services (LMS) team. Thank you to everyone that took the time to participate.
The aim of this report is to highlight the key issues and risks in managing Oracle licensing and share information and knowledge to help CCL members. The report will also form the basis of further discussions with Oracle – with a view to generating positive change.
The report consists of two sections:
- Part one shows how organizations view working with Oracle LMS
- Part two explores specific issues as prioritized by CCL members
This report highlights the key issues and risks in managing Oracle Licensing. This information is being shared with CCL members and is also being used as the basis of a constructive dialogue with Oracle so that positive change benefitting both the customer base and Oracle itself will result.
Key issues identified by the respondents with Oracle can be broadly grouped into three themes;
- The customer does not feel autonomous
- They receive inconsistent messages from Oracle
- They feel that Oracle realigns the goal posts to favour revenue streams over customer requirements.
This report provides feedback from customers experienced with working with Oracle LMS, explores their key issues in detail and provides seven recommendations for positive change:
- One voice from Oracle
- A licensing knowledgebase
- Greatly improved communications
- Re-engineering risk
- SAM Evangelism
- Audit Clarity
- Strategic focus
Oracle Seminar 21st November, London
The Campaign for Clear Licensing, in partnership with The ITAM Review, is hosting a free one day seminar on Oracle Licensing on Friday 21st November in central London. This is a great opportunity to discuss some of the issues highlighted in the report and meet your peers. Further info here: http://www.itassetmanagement.net/2014/09/22/oracle-seminar/.
- Oracle audit requests are clear and easy to manage / respond to
- Oracle LMS has been helpful during the audit, contract renewal and negotiation process
- Communication from Oracle regarding licensing changes has been clear and straightforward
- Working with Oracle LMS will lead to a better relationship and increased spend with Oracle
- Image of the front page of the report
- Campaign for Clear Licensing Logo
If you have any questions regarding the report or feedback on Oracle please contact me.
Martin Thompson, October 2014.
- martin at clearlicensing dot org